Muay Thai Training Defiance, MO
Muay Thai Training Defiance, MO. Are you looking for a pathway to physical and mental improvement? Possibly a route to dropping a few pounds along the way? Look no further than Muay Thai training at Gracie Barra O’Fallon.
Our Muay Thai program near you in Defiance, MO is founded upon brotherhood, expansion, and integrity. When you join Gracie Barra O’Fallon you aren’t simply joining a Muay Thai gym, you’re entering a family. Following your initial class near Defiance, MO, you will see immediate enhancements to your physique, your mind, and your overall well being.
For the premier Muay Thai training closest to you in Defiance, MO, give us a call at 636-544-3655 or reach out to us online. For more information on Gracie Barra O’Fallon, you can check out our programs to learn more.
Gracie Barra is the top martial arts team in the world, featuring over 400 gyms in North America and 900 worldwide. Your membership allows you to visit any of them. Our Gracie Barra O’Fallon programs and classes near you in Defiance, MO, are divided into several groups, including:
Gracie Barra O’Fallon Muay Thai Training Near Defiance, MO: The History of Muay Thai
Muay Thai, referred to as “The Sport of Kings,” is the national sport of Thailand that developed as a system of combat for self defense and military use. Muay Thai is also known as “The Art of Eight Limbs” due to it utilizing punches, kicks, elbows, and knee strikes, thus making use of eight points of contact, as opposed to two points (fists) in boxing and four points (hands and feet) used in kickboxing.
During World War II, Thai soldiers were posted overseas, and foreigners in Europe and America viewed these soldiers practice a rudimentary form of Muay Thai amongst themselves. Older soldiers and fathers taught their students and sons the offensive and defensive methods and techniques, correct posture and position, and skills to enhance overall awareness. Those students and sons proceeded to instruct their children, and the roots and permanent structure and a form of an “Americanized” Muay Thai near Defiance, MO began to spread.
Muay Thai is basically comparable to kickboxing, but operates under different rules and scoring systems. Clinching, kneeing, elbowing are all permitted, as are kicks and punches. At Gracie Barra O’Fallon, as with any other martial art, we instruct Muay Thai near Defiance, MO, from the ground up. Muay Thai has become popular recently mostly due to the rapid rise of modern MMA fighting, where Muay Thai is evident in nearly every knockout. As a result of this rise, many individuals want to train Muay Thai at Gracie Barra. We coach the art the correct way.
Alongside top-level Muay Thai training, Gracie Barra O’Fallon provides the following services:
- Law Enforcement Workout
- Fitness Classes Near Me
- Adult Martial Arts Classes
- BJJ Near Me
- MMA Classes
- MMA Classes For Kids
- Self Defense Classes Near Me
- Martial Arts for Kids Near Me
- Martial Arts For Beginners
Gracie Barra O’Fallon Muay Thai Training Near Defiance, MO: Levels of Training
The various levels of training for Gracie Barra O’Fallon Muay Thai are planned to sharpen specific areas as you constantly improve and advance. The bulk of Muay Thai training, though, is on you in Defiance, MO. While the Gracie Barra instructors will work diligently to furnish the training and the tools, you are the one who needs to utilize the tools and do the hard work. We do not set these training levels in stone, as everyone progresses and masters at different paces, however these are general training guidelines we use frequently during classes:
- Shadow Boxing — At the start of most Gracie Barra classes you will shadow box in front of a mirror. As a beginner in Defiance, MO, you should concentrate on your stance, footwork, rhythm, and technique.
- Pad Work — Hitting Muay Thai pads is a key layer of training. As a beginner in Defiance, MO, you will work with an advanced Grace Barra student or instructor who will hold the pads and help with guidance and hitting and kicking corrections.
- Bag Work — Most heavy bag work will be done at your own pace in Defiance, MO, once you have a foundation of solid habits and techniques. The key is to keep everything simple and focus on fundamentals. Throw a jab, reset. Strike with a knee, reset. Don’t worry about combo attacks, they will come in time, just concentrate on the basics you learn in your Gracie Barra O’Fallon classes.
- Partner Drills — One of the ideal ways we see at Gracie Barra to be relaxed while attacking a rival is to work on drills with a partner. These drills near you in Defiance, MO help you develop confidence and are poignant teaching aids for blocking incoming strikes.
- Clinching — In Muay Thai there is clinching and striking. Clinching is when you hold your rival fighter in order to launch your attacks. Clinching only involves arm control, sweeps, elbows, and knees. Your evolution as a Muay Thai student in Defiance, MO springs forth as your clinching improves.
- Sparring — This is what makes the arts like Muay Thai and kickboxing more functional than other martial arts in Defiance, MO. Sparring is where you utilize all of your methods against an opponent. As a beginner, you should be composed and wait for your fundamentals to emerge the right way prior to sparring.
- Body Conditioning — Muay thai fighters are some of the strongest, best conditioned athletes in the world. As a beginner, you’ll notice pain in your shins during the first few classes. There are no shortcuts to strengthening your body but the more you strengthen your body, the tougher it will become.
- Fighting — Squaring off in the ring is the last level of training. However, it is in no way the end of your training. Fighting is the ultimate goal because it allows you to try out everything you have learned in training, at full strength, and see how it applies to a real situation.
Gracie Barra O’Fallon Muay Thai Training Near Defiance, MO: Development and Advancement
In Muay Thai training there is an unfortunate proclivity to strive to run before you are able to walk. Because everyone is born with the ability to swing their arms and mirror a punch, it is simple to be under the notion that you have aced the basics following a couple of classes. Although in each Muay Thai technique there are several various movements happening in your body that it takes thousands of hours of repetition to truly grasp a method. Take your time. Your Gracie Barra O’Fallon coaches and peers near Defiance, MO will help. Follow their lead. You’ll get there.
Because you have to pick up all of the basics from the ground up, you will want to focus on one thing at a time. The decisive factors to surviving the early stages of Muay Thai is endurance and perseverance. With hard work and a willingness to learn and develop, you will ultimately begin to become more comfortable performing the various techniques, moves, and strikes. Once you do these things without consideration, as an almost second nature, that is when your learning curve leaps upward. That is when you are no longer a beginner, and when Muay Thai becomes a lot more fun near Defiance, MO. When you advance from simply pulling through the Gracie Barra training sessions, to thriving.
The Best in Muay Thai Training Near Defiance, MO | Gracie Barra O’Fallon
Our team has years of experience and is knowledgeable in Muay Thai and all forms of martial arts. Read what other members have to say about our gym, classes, and general philosophy. Gracie Barra O’Fallon is in business for our customers in Defiance, MO and the surrounding areas. You are the reason we flip the lights on. With several days and times available, our schedule is tailored to fit around yours in Defiance, MO.