Muay Thai Training Saint Charles, MO
Muay Thai Training Saint Charles, MO. Are you searching for a pathway to physical and mental growth? Possibly a route to dropping a few pounds along the way? Look no further than Muay Thai training at Gracie Barra O’Fallon.
Our Muay Thai program near you in Saint Charles, MO is built upon brotherhood, expansion, and integrity. When you join Gracie Barra O’Fallon you aren’t simply joining a Muay Thai gym, you’re becoming part of a family. After your initial class near Saint Charles, MO, you’ll notice immediate enhancements to your physique, your mind, and your overall well being.
For the best in Muay Thai training closest to you in Saint Charles, MO, call us at 636-544-3655 or contact us online. For more information on Gracie Barra O’Fallon, you can check out our programs to learn more.
Gracie Barra is the top martial arts team in the world, showcasing over 400 gyms in North America and 900 worldwide. Your membership gets you to visit any of them. Our Gracie Barra O’Fallon programs and classes near you in Saint Charles, MO, are split into several groups, including:
Gracie Barra O’Fallon Muay Thai Training Near Saint Charles, MO: The History of Muay Thai
Muay Thai, referred to as “The Sport of Kings,” is the national sport of Thailand that developed as a structure of combat for self defense and military application. Muay Thai is also known as “The Art of Eight Limbs” due to it utilizing punches, kicks, elbows, and knee strikes, thus using eight points of contact, as opposed to two points (fists) in boxing and four points (hands and feet) used in kickboxing.
During World War II, Thai soldiers were posted overseas, and foreigners in Europe and America watched these soldiers practice a rudimentary style of Muay Thai amongst themselves. Older soldiers and fathers coached their students and sons the offensive and defensive methods and techniques, correct posture and position, and skills to enhance overall awareness. Those students and sons went on to instruct their children, and the fundamentals and permanent structure and a form of an “Americanized” Muay Thai near Saint Charles, MO began to strengthen.
Muay Thai is basically similar to kickboxing, but operates under different rules and scoring systems. Clinching, kneeing, elbowing are all allowed, as are kicks and punches. At Gracie Barra O’Fallon, as with any other martial art, we teach Muay Thai near Saint Charles, MO, from the ground up. Muay Thai has become popular recently mainly due to the speedy rise of contemporary MMA fighting, where Muay Thai is noticeable in almost every knockout. As a result of this rise, many individuals want to learn Muay Thai at Gracie Barra. We teach the art the right way.
In addition to top-level Muay Thai training, Gracie Barra O’Fallon provides the following services:
- Law Enforcement Workout
- Fitness Classes Near Me
- Adult Martial Arts Classes
- BJJ Near Me
- MMA Classes
- MMA Classes For Kids
- Self Defense Classes Near Me
- Martial Arts for Kids Near Me
- Martial Arts For Beginners
Gracie Barra O’Fallon Muay Thai Training Near Saint Charles, MO: Levels of Training
The different levels of training for Gracie Barra O’Fallon Muay Thai are designed to sharpen specific areas as you constantly improve and advance. A lot of Muay Thai training, though, is on you in Saint Charles, MO. While the Gracie Barra instructors will work diligently to provide the training and the tools, you are the one who has to utilize the tools and do the hard work. We don’t set these training levels in stone, as everyone progresses and masters at differing paces, but these are general training guidelines we employ often throughout classes:
- Shadow Boxing — At the start of most Gracie Barra classes you will shadow box at a mirror. As a beginner in Saint Charles, MO, you should focus on your stance, footwork, rhythm, and technique.
- Pad Work — Hitting Muay Thai pads is an essential element of training. As a beginner in Saint Charles, MO, you will work with an advanced Grace Barra student or instructor who will hold the pads and assist with guidance and striking alterations.
- Bag Work — Most heavy bag work will be done at your own pace in Saint Charles, MO, once you have a foundation of solid habits and techniques. The key is to keep things simple and concentrate on basics. Throw a jab, reset. Strike with a knee, reset. Don’t worry about combinations, those will arrive in time, just concentrate on the essentials you learn in your Gracie Barra O’Fallon classes.
- Partner Drills — One of the best ways we find at Gracie Barra to be relaxed while attacking a rival is to work on drills with a partner. These drills near you in Saint Charles, MO help you develop confidence and are good teaching tools for blocking incoming strikes.
- Clinching — In Muay Thai there is clinching and striking. Clinching is when you grasp your opponent in order to initiate your attacks. It only involves arm control, sweeps, elbows, and knees. Your evolution as a Muay Thai student in Saint Charles, MO springs forth as your clinching improves.
- Sparring — This is what makes the arts like Muay Thai and kickboxing more functional than other martial arts in Saint Charles, MO. Sparring is where you employ all of your methods against an opponent. As a beginner, you should be composed and wait for your fundamentals to develop the right way prior to sparring.
- Body Conditioning — Muay thai fighters are some of the strongest, best conditioned athletes in the world. As a beginner, you’ll see pain in your shins throughout the first few classes. There are no shortcuts to conditioning your body but the more you fine-tune your body, the tougher it will become.
- Fighting — Competing in the ring is the final level of training. However, it is in no way the end of your training. Fighting is the preeminent goal because it lets you test all that you have gathered in training, at full strength, and find out how it applies to a real situation.
Gracie Barra O’Fallon Muay Thai Training Near Saint Charles, MO: Development and Advancement
In Muay Thai training there is an unfortunate tendency to look to run before you are able to walk. Because everyone is born with the ability to swing their arms and replicate a punch, it’s easy to be under the impression that you have mastered the fundamentals following a couple of classes. But in every Muay Thai technique there are several different manueverings happening in your body that it takes thousands of hours of repetition to absolutely grasp a technique. Be patient. Your Gracie Barra O’Fallon instructors and fellow students near Saint Charles, MO will help. Follow their lead. You will get there.
Due to the fact that you need to pick up all of the fundamentals from the ground up, you will need to concentrate on one thing at a time. The keys to surviving the early stages of Muay Thai is endurance and persistence. With hard work and a willingness to learn and develop, you will eventually begin to become more comfortable doing the different techniques, moves, and strikes. Once you do these things without consideration, as an almost second nature, that’s when your learning curve skyrockets upward. That is when you are no longer a beginner, and when Muay Thai turns a lot more fun near Saint Charles, MO. When you move up from simply surviving the Gracie Barra classes, to flourishing.
The Best in Muay Thai Training Near Saint Charles, MO | Gracie Barra O’Fallon
Our staff has years of experience and is knowledgeable in Muay Thai and all styles of martial arts. See what other members have to say about our gym, classes, and general philosophy. Gracie Barra O’Fallon is in business for our customers in Saint Charles, MO and the surrounding region. You are the reason we flip the lights on. With multiple days and times available, our schedule is made to fit around yours in Saint Charles, MO.