Muay Thai Training Lake St. Louis, MO
Muay Thai Training Lake St. Louis, MO. Are you looking for a pathway to physical and mental improvement? Possibly a route to shedding a few pounds along the way? Look no further than Muay Thai training at Gracie Barra O’Fallon.
Our Muay Thai program near you in Lake St. Louis, MO is founded upon brotherhood, expansion, and integrity. When you join Gracie Barra O’Fallon you aren’t simply joining a Muay Thai gym, you’re entering a family. Following your initial class near Lake St. Louis, MO, you will notice instant improvements to your physique, your mind, and your overall well being.
For the premier Muay Thai training near you in Lake St. Louis, MO, give us a call at 636-544-3655 or reach out to us online. For more information on Gracie Barra O’Fallon, you can check out our programs to learn more.
Gracie Barra is the top martial arts team in the world, featuring over 400 gyms in North America and 900 worldwide. Your membership allows you into any of them. Our Gracie Barra O’Fallon programs and classes near you in Lake St. Louis, MO, are divided into several groups, including:
Gracie Barra O’Fallon Muay Thai Training Near Lake St. Louis, MO: The History of Muay Thai
Muay Thai, referred to as “The Sport of Kings,” is the national sport of Thailand that developed as a system of combat for self defense and military application. Muay Thai is also called “The Art of Eight Limbs” because it makes use of punches, kicks, elbows, and knee strikes, thus employing eight points of contact, as opposed to two points (fists) in boxing and four points (hands and feet) used in kickboxing.
During World War II, Thai soldiers were posted overseas, and foreigners in Europe and America viewed these soldiers practice a rudimentary form of Muay Thai amongst themselves. Older soldiers and fathers taught their students and sons the offensive and defensive tactics and techniques, correct posture and position, and skills to enhance general awareness. Those students and sons went on to instruct their children, and the roots and permanent structure and a style of an “Americanized” Muay Thai near Lake St. Louis, MO began to spread.
Muay Thai is fairly similar to kickboxing, but operates under different rules and scoring systems. Clinching, kneeing, elbowing are all permitted, as are kicks and punches. At Gracie Barra O’Fallon, much like with any other martial art, we teach Muay Thai near Lake St. Louis, MO, from the ground up. Muay Thai has become popular recently mostly due to the speedy rise of contemporary MMA fighting, where Muay Thai is noticeable in almost every knockout. As a result of this rise, many individuals want to learn Muay Thai at Gracie Barra. We teach the art the right way.
Alongside top-level Muay Thai training, Gracie Barra O’Fallon provides the following services:
- Law Enforcement Workout
- Fitness Classes Near Me
- Adult Martial Arts Classes
- BJJ Near Me
- MMA Classes
- MMA Classes For Kids
- Self Defense Classes Near Me
- Martial Arts for Kids Near Me
- Martial Arts For Beginners
Gracie Barra O’Fallon Muay Thai Training Near Lake St. Louis, MO: Levels of Training
The different levels of training for Gracie Barra O’Fallon Muay Thai are designed to sharpen specific areas as you constantly improve and advance. A lot of Muay Thai training, though, is on you in Lake St. Louis, MO. While the Gracie Barra instructors will work hard to provide the training and the tools, you are the one who has to utilize the tools and do the hard work. Our instructors do not set these training levels in stone, as everyone advances and masters at different speeds, but these are general training guidelines we employ frequently throughout classes:
- Shadow Boxing — At the beginning of most Gracie Barra classes you will shadow box at a mirror. As a beginner in Lake St. Louis, MO, you should focus on your stance, footwork, rhythm, and technique.
- Pad Work — Hitting Muay Thai pads is an essential element of training. As a beginner in Lake St. Louis, MO, you will work with an advanced Grace Barra student or instructor who will hold the pads and assist with guidance and striking alterations.
- Bag Work — Most heavy bag work will be done on your own time in Lake St. Louis, MO, once you establish a foundation of good habits and techniques. The key is to keep things simple and focus on basics. Throw a jab, reset. Strike with a knee, reset. Don’t worry about combo attacks, those will come in time, just focus on the essentials you learn in your Gracie Barra O’Fallon classes.
- Partner Drills — One of the best methods we find at Gracie Barra to be comfortable punching and kicking an opponent is to work on drills with a partner. These drills near you in Lake St. Louis, MO help you develop confidence and are good teaching aids for blocking incoming attacks.
- Clinching — In Muay Thai there is clinching and striking. Clinching is when you hold your rival fighter so you can initiate your attacks. Clinching only involves arm control, sweeps, elbows, and knees. Your development as a Muay Thai student in Lake St. Louis, MO springs forth as your clinching improves.
- Sparring — This is what makes the arts like Muay Thai and kickboxing more useful than other martial arts in Lake St. Louis, MO. Sparring is where you use all of your methods versus a rival. As a beginner, you should be composed and wait for the basics to develop correctly before sparring.
- Body Conditioning — Muay thai fighters are some of the toughest, best conditioned athletes in the world. As a beginner, you will see pain in your shins during the first few classes. There are no shortcuts to conditioning your body but the more you strengthen your body, the tougher it will become.
- Fighting — Squaring off in the ring is the last level of training. However, it is by no means the end of your training. Fighting is the preeminent goal because it allows you to test everything you have gathered in training, at full speed, and find out how it applies to a real situation.
Gracie Barra O’Fallon Muay Thai Training Near Lake St. Louis, MO: Development and Advancement
In Muay Thai training there is an unfortunate tendency to want to run before you are able to walk. Because everyone is born with the capacity to swing their arms and replicate a punch, it is simple to be under the impression that you have aced the basics after a couple of classes. But in every Muay Thai method there are so many different movements happening in your body that it takes hundreds of hours of repetition to truly master a technique. Take your time. Your Gracie Barra O’Fallon coaches and fellow students near Lake St. Louis, MO will help. Follow their lead. You will get there.
Due to the fact that you have to learn all of the basics from the ground up, you will want to focus on one thing at a time. The keys to surviving the initial stages of Muay Thai is endurance and perseverance. With hard work and a willingness to learn and grow, you will ultimately begin to become more comfortable doing the various techniques, moves, and strikes. Once you do these things without thinking, as an almost second nature, that is when your learning curve leaps upward. That’s when you are no longer a beginner, and when Muay Thai becomes a lot more fun near Lake St. Louis, MO. When you advance from simply pulling through the Gracie Barra classes, to thriving.
The Best in Muay Thai Training Near Lake St. Louis, MO | Gracie Barra O’Fallon
Our staff has years of experience and is knowledgeable in Muay Thai and all styles of martial arts. See what other members have to say about our gym, classes, and general philosophy. Gracie Barra O’Fallon is in business for our customers in Lake St. Louis, MO and the surrounding areas. You are the reason we turn the lights on. With multiple days and times available, our schedule is tailored to fit around yours in Lake St. Louis, MO.