Muay Thai Training Cottleville, MO
Muay Thai Training Cottleville, MO. Are you looking for a path to physical and mental improvement? Perhaps a route to losing weight along the way? Look no further than Muay Thai training at Gracie Barra O’Fallon.
Our Muay Thai program near you in Cottleville, MO is founded upon brotherhood, expansion, and integrity. When you sign on to Gracie Barra O’Fallon you aren’t simply joining a Muay Thai gym, you’re entering a family. After your first class near Cottleville, MO, you’ll see immediate improvements to your physique, your mind, and your general well being.
For the leading Muay Thai training closest to you in Cottleville, MO, call us at 636-544-3655 or reach out to us online. For more information on Gracie Barra O’Fallon, feel free to check out our programs to learn more.
Gracie Barra is the top martial arts team in the world, featuring over 400 gyms in North America and 900 worldwide. Your membership gets you into any of them. Our Gracie Barra O’Fallon programs and classes near you in Cottleville, MO, are split into several groups, including:
Gracie Barra O’Fallon Muay Thai Training Near Cottleville, MO: The History of Muay Thai
Muay Thai, referred to as “The Sport of Kings,” is the national sport of Thailand that came about as a structure of combat for self defense and military use. Muay Thai is also known as “The Art of Eight Limbs” due to it utilizing punches, kicks, elbows, and knee strikes, thus employing eight points of contact, as opposed to two points (fists) in boxing and four points (hands and feet) used in kickboxing.
During World War II, Thai soldiers were posted overseas, and foreigners in Europe and America watched these soldiers practice a rudimentary form of Muay Thai amongst themselves. Older soldiers and fathers taught their students and sons the offensive and defensive methods and techniques, proper posture and position, and skills to enhance general awareness. Those students and sons proceeded to instruct their children, and the fundamentals and permanent structure and a style of an “Americanized” Muay Thai near Cottleville, MO began to spread.
Muay Thai is basically similar to kickboxing, but works under different rules and scoring systems. Clinching, kneeing, elbowing are all allowed, as are kicks and punches. At Gracie Barra O’Fallon, as with any other martial art, we teach Muay Thai near Cottleville, MO, from the ground up. Muay Thai has become popular recently mainly because of the speedy rise of modern MMA fighting, where Muay Thai is evident in nearly every knockout. As a result of this rise, many individuals want to train Muay Thai at Gracie Barra. We teach the art the correct way.
Alongside top-level Muay Thai training, Gracie Barra O’Fallon provides the following services:
- Law Enforcement Workout
- Fitness Classes Near Me
- Adult Martial Arts Classes
- BJJ Near Me
- MMA Classes
- MMA Classes For Kids
- Self Defense Classes Near Me
- Martial Arts for Kids Near Me
- Martial Arts For Beginners
Gracie Barra O’Fallon Muay Thai Training Near Cottleville, MO: Levels of Training
The different levels of training for Gracie Barra O’Fallon Muay Thai are designed to target specific areas as you constantly improve and progress. A lot of Muay Thai training, though, is on you in Cottleville, MO. While the Gracie Barra instructors will work hard to furnish the training and the tools, you are the one who needs to utilize the tools and do the hard work. We do not set these training levels in stone, as everyone advances and masters at differing paces, but these are general training guidelines we use frequently throughout classes:
- Shadow Boxing — At the onset of most Gracie Barra classes you will shadow box in front of a mirror. As a beginner in Cottleville, MO, you should concentrate on your stance, footwork, rhythm, and technique.
- Pad Work — Hitting Muay Thai pads is a key layer of training. As a beginner in Cottleville, MO, you will work with an advanced Grace Barra student or instructor who will hold the pads and assist with guidance and hitting and kicking corrections.
- Bag Work — Most heavy bag work will be done at your own pace in Cottleville, MO, once you establish a foundation of good habits and techniques. The key is to keep things simple and focus on basics. Throw a jab, reset. Strike with a knee, reset. Don’t wonder about combo attacks, they will arrive in time, just concentrate on the essentials you pick up in your Gracie Barra O’Fallon classes.
- Partner Drills — One of the best ways we find at Gracie Barra to be relaxed while attacking an opponent is to work on drills with a partner. These drills near you in Cottleville, MO help you gain confidence and are poignant teaching aids for blocking incoming attacks.
- Clinching — In Muay Thai there is clinching and striking. Clinching is when you hold your opponent so you can initiate your attacks. Clinching only involves arm control, sweeps, elbows, and knees. Your evolution as a Muay Thai student in Cottleville, MO springs forth as your clinching expands.
- Sparring — This is what makes the arts like Muay Thai and kickboxing more effective than other martial arts in Cottleville, MO. Sparring is where you utilize all of your techniques versus a rival. As a beginner, you should be composed and wait for your fundamentals to develop correctly before sparring.
- Body Conditioning — Muay thai fighters are some of the strongest, best conditioned athletes in the world. As a beginner, you’ll see pain in your shins throughout the first few classes. There are no shortcuts to conditioning your body but the more you strengthen your body, the tougher it will become.
- Fighting — Squaring off in the ring is the final level of training. But it is in no way the end of your training. Fighting is the preeminent goal because it allows you to test everything you have gathered in training, at full speed, and find out how it applies to a real situation.
Gracie Barra O’Fallon Muay Thai Training Near Cottleville, MO: Development and Advancement
In Muay Thai training there is an unfortunate tendency to strive to run before you are able to walk. Because everyone is born with the ability to swing their arms and replicate a punch, it’s easy to be under the impression that you have aced the basics after a few classes. Although in every Muay Thai method there are so many different manueverings occurring in your body that it takes thousands of hours of reiteration to absolutely grasp a technique. Be patient. Your Gracie Barra O’Fallon coaches and fellow students near Cottleville, MO will help. Follow their lead. You will get there.
Due to the fact that you need to learn all of the basics from the ground up, you will want to concentrate on one thing at a time. The keys to surviving the initial stages of Muay Thai is patience and persistence. With hard work and a willingness to learn and develop, you will eventually begin to become more comfortable doing the different techniques, moves, and strikes. Once you do these things without consideration, as an almost second nature, that is when your learning curve leaps upward. That is when you are no longer a beginner, and when Muay Thai turns a lot more fun near Cottleville, MO. When you advance from simply pulling through the Gracie Barra classes, to thriving.
The Best in Muay Thai Training Near Cottleville, MO | Gracie Barra O’Fallon
Our staff has years of experience and is knowledgeable in Muay Thai and all styles of martial arts. Read what other members have to say about our gym, classes, and general philosophy. Gracie Barra O’Fallon is in business for our customers in Cottleville, MO and the surrounding region. You are the reason we turn the lights on. With several days and times available, our schedule is made to fit around yours in Cottleville, MO.