Muay Thai Training Wentzville, MO
Muay Thai Training Wentzville, MO. Are you looking for a path to physical and mental improvement? Possibly a route to shedding a few pounds along the way? Look no further than Muay Thai training at Gracie Barra O’Fallon.
Our Muay Thai program near you in Wentzville, MO is built upon brotherhood, expansion, and integrity. When you join Gracie Barra O’Fallon you aren’t simply joining a Muay Thai gym, you’re becoming part of a family. After your initial class near Wentzville, MO, you’ll see instant enhancements to your physique, your mind, and your overall well being.
For the best in Muay Thai training near you in Wentzville, MO, call us at 636-544-3655 or contact us online. For more information on Gracie Barra O’Fallon, you can check out our programs to learn more.
Gracie Barra is the top martial arts team in the world, showcasing over 400 gyms in North America and 900 worldwide. Your membership gets you into any of them. Our Gracie Barra O’Fallon programs and classes near you in Wentzville, MO, are divided into several groups, including:
Gracie Barra O’Fallon Muay Thai Training Near Wentzville, MO: The History of Muay Thai
Muay Thai, referred to as “The Sport of Kings,” is the national sport of Thailand that developed as a system of combat for self defense and military application. Muay Thai is also called “The Art of Eight Limbs” due to it utilizing punches, kicks, elbows, and knee strikes, thus making use of eight points of contact, as opposed to two points (fists) in boxing and four points (hands and feet) used in kickboxing.
During World War II, Thai soldiers were posted overseas, and foreigners in Europe and America viewed these soldiers practice a rudimentary form of Muay Thai amongst themselves. Older soldiers and fathers taught their students and sons the offensive and defensive methods and techniques, proper posture and position, and skills to enhance overall awareness. Those students and sons went on to teach their children, and the fundamentals and permanent structure and a form of an “Americanized” Muay Thai near Wentzville, MO began to strengthen.
Muay Thai is fairly similar to kickboxing, but works under different rules and scoring systems. Clinching, kneeing, elbowing are all allowed, as are kicks and punches. At Gracie Barra O’Fallon, as with any other martial art, we instruct Muay Thai near Wentzville, MO, from the square one. Muay Thai has grown in popularity recently mainly due to the rapid rise of contemporary MMA fighting, where Muay Thai is noticeable in almost every knockout. As a result of this rise, many people want to learn Muay Thai at Gracie Barra. We coach the art the correct way.
Alongside top-level Muay Thai training, Gracie Barra O’Fallon provides the following services:
- Law Enforcement Workout
- Fitness Classes Near Me
- Adult Martial Arts Classes
- BJJ Near Me
- MMA Classes
- MMA Classes For Kids
- Self Defense Classes Near Me
- Martial Arts for Kids Near Me
- Martial Arts For Beginners
Gracie Barra O’Fallon Muay Thai Training Near Wentzville, MO: Levels of Training
The different levels of training for Gracie Barra O’Fallon Muay Thai are designed to sharpen specific areas as you gradually develop and progress. The bulk of Muay Thai training, though, is dependent upon you in Wentzville, MO. While the Gracie Barra instructors will work diligently to provide the training and the tools, you are the one who has to utilize the tools and do the hard work. We do not set these training levels in stone, as everyone advances and masters at differing paces, but these are general training guidelines we employ often throughout classes:
- Shadow Boxing — At the start of most Gracie Barra classes you will shadow box at a mirror. As a beginner in Wentzville, MO, you should focus on your stance, footwork, rhythm, and technique.
- Pad Work — Hitting Muay Thai pads is a key layer of training. As a beginner in Wentzville, MO, you will work with an advanced Grace Barra student or instructor who will hold the pads and help with guidance and striking corrections.
- Bag Work — Most heavy bag work will be done on your own time in Wentzville, MO, once you have a foundation of good habits and techniques. The key is to keep things simple and concentrate on fundamentals. Throw a jab, reset. Strike with a knee, reset. Don’t wonder about combinations, they will come in time, just focus on the basics you learn in your Gracie Barra O’Fallon classes.
- Partner Drills — One of the ideal ways we find at Gracie Barra to be relaxed while punching and kicking an opponent is to work on drills with a partner. These drills near you in Wentzville, MO help you develop confidence and are good teaching tools for blocking incoming strikes.
- Clinching — In Muay Thai there is clinching and striking. Clinching is when you hold your opponent in order to initiate your attacks. It only involves arm control, sweeps, elbows, and knees. Your development as a Muay Thai student in Wentzville, MO springs forth as your clinching improves.
- Sparring — This is what makes the arts like Muay Thai and kickboxing more functional than other martial arts in Wentzville, MO. Sparring is where you utilize all of your techniques versus an opponent. As a beginner, you should be composed and wait for your fundamentals to emerge correctly prior to sparring.
- Body Conditioning — Muay thai fighters are some of the toughest, best conditioned athletes in the world. As a beginner, you will notice pain in your shins throughout the first couple of training sessions. There are no shortcuts to strengthening your body but the more you strengthen your body, the tougher it will become.
- Fighting — Competing in the ring is the last level of training. However, it is by no means the last of your training. Fighting is the ultimate goal because it lets you test all that you have gathered in training, at full speed, and see how it applies to a real situation.
To join Muay Thai training near you in Wentzville, MO, at Gracie Barra O’Fallon, call us at 636-544-3655, or contact us online.
Gracie Barra O’Fallon Muay Thai Training Near Wentzville, MO: Development and Advancement
In Muay Thai training there is an unfortunate tendency to look to run before you are able to walk. Because everyone is born with the ability to swing their arms and replicate a punch, it is easy to be under the impression that you have mastered the fundamentals following a couple of classes. But in every Muay Thai technique there are several different movements happening in your body that it takes hundreds of hours of repetition to truly ace a method. Be patient. Your Gracie Barra O’Fallon instructors and peers near Wentzville, MO will help. Follow their lead. You will get there.
Because you need to learn all of the fundamentals from the ground up, you will have to concentrate on one thing at a time. The decisive factors to surviving the early stages of Muay Thai is patience and perseverance. With hard work and a willingness to learn and grow, you will ultimately begin to become more comfortable doing the different techniques, moves, and strikes. Once you do these things without consideration, as an almost second nature, that’s when your learning curve leaps upward. That’s when you are no longer a beginner, and when Muay Thai turns a lot more fun near Wentzville, MO. When you advance from simply pulling through the Gracie Barra classes, to flourishing.
The Best in Muay Thai Training Near Wentzville, MO | Gracie Barra O’Fallon
Our team has years of experience and is knowledgeable in Muay Thai and all styles of martial arts. Read what other members have to say about our gym, classes, and general philosophy. Gracie Barra O’Fallon is in business for our customers in Wentzville, MO and the surrounding areas. You are the reason we flip the lights on. With multiple days and times available, our schedule is made to fit around yours in Wentzville, MO.
Give us a call at 636-544-3655 or contact us online to schedule a free session today.