Muay Thai Training New Melle, MO
Muay Thai Training New Melle, MO. Are you looking for a pathway to physical and mental growth? Perhaps a route to shedding a few pounds along the way? Look no further than Muay Thai training at Gracie Barra O’Fallon.
Our Muay Thai program near you in New Melle, MO is founded upon brotherhood, expansion, and integrity. When you sign on to Gracie Barra O’Fallon you aren’t just joining a Muay Thai gym, you’re becoming part of a family. After your first class near New Melle, MO, you will see instant improvements to your physique, your mind, and your general well being.
For the leading Muay Thai training closest to you in New Melle, MO, call us at 636-544-3655 or contact us online. For more information on Gracie Barra O’Fallon, feel free to check out our programs to learn more.
Gracie Barra is the top martial arts team in the world, showcasing over 400 gyms in North America and 900 worldwide. Your membership allows you into any of them. Our Gracie Barra O’Fallon programs and classes near you in New Melle, MO, are split into several groups, including:
Gracie Barra O’Fallon Muay Thai Training Near New Melle, MO: The History of Muay Thai
Muay Thai, referred to as “The Sport of Kings,” is the national sport of Thailand that developed as a structure of combat for self defense and military use. Muay Thai is also known as “The Art of Eight Limbs” due to it utilizing punches, kicks, elbows, and knee strikes, thus employing eight points of contact, as opposed to two points (fists) in boxing and four points (hands and feet) used in kickboxing.
During World War II, Thai soldiers were posted overseas, and foreigners in Europe and America watched these soldiers practice a fundamental form of Muay Thai amongst themselves. Older soldiers and fathers coached their students and sons the offensive and defensive tactics and techniques, proper posture and position, and skills to enhance overall awareness. Those students and sons proceeded to instruct their children, and the fundamentals and permanent structure and a style of an “Americanized” Muay Thai near New Melle, MO began to spread.
Muay Thai is basically similar to kickboxing, but operates under different rules and scoring systems. Clinching, kneeing, elbowing are all permitted, as are kicks and punches. At Gracie Barra O’Fallon, as with any other martial art, we teach Muay Thai near New Melle, MO, from the ground up. Muay Thai has become popular recently mainly due to the rapid rise of contemporary MMA fighting, where Muay Thai is noticeable in almost every knockout. As a result of this rise, many people want to train Muay Thai at Gracie Barra. We teach the art the correct way.
In addition to top-level Muay Thai training, Gracie Barra O’Fallon provides the following services:
- Law Enforcement Workout
- Fitness Classes Near Me
- Adult Martial Arts Classes
- BJJ Near Me
- MMA Classes
- MMA Classes For Kids
- Self Defense Classes Near Me
- Martial Arts for Kids Near Me
- Martial Arts For Beginners
Gracie Barra O’Fallon Muay Thai Training Near New Melle, MO: Levels of Training
The various levels of training for Gracie Barra O’Fallon Muay Thai are planned to target specific areas as you constantly develop and advance. The bulk of Muay Thai training, though, is dependent upon you in New Melle, MO. While the Gracie Barra instructors will work diligently to furnish the training and the tools, you are the one who has to utilize the tools and do the hard work. We do not set these training levels in stone, as everyone advances and masters at differing paces, however these are general training guidelines we employ frequently throughout classes:
- Shadow Boxing — At the beginning of most Gracie Barra classes you will shadow box at a mirror. As a beginner in New Melle, MO, you should concentrate on your stance, footwork, rhythm, and technique.
- Pad Work — Hitting Muay Thai pads is a key layer of training. As a beginner in New Melle, MO, you will work with an advanced Grace Barra student or instructor who will hold the pads and assist with guidance and striking alterations.
- Bag Work — Most heavy bag work will be done at your own pace in New Melle, MO, once you establish a foundation of solid habits and techniques. The key is to keep things simple and concentrate on fundamentals. Toss a jab, reset. Strike with a knee, reset. Don’t wonder about combinations, they will come in time, just concentrate on the basics you learn in your Gracie Barra O’Fallon classes.
- Partner Drills — One of the best ways we find at Gracie Barra to be relaxed while attacking an opponent is to work on drills with a partner. These drills near you in New Melle, MO help you develop confidence and are poignant teaching tools for blocking incoming attacks.
- Clinching — In Muay Thai there is clinching and striking. Clinching is when you grasp your opponent in order to initiate your attacks. It only involves arm control, sweeps, elbows, and knees. Your development as a Muay Thai student in New Melle, MO progresses as your clinching expands.
- Sparring — This is what makes the arts like Muay Thai and kickboxing more functional than other martial arts in New Melle, MO. Sparring is where you employ all of your methods versus an opponent. As a beginner, you should be patient and wait for the basics to emerge the right way prior to sparring.
- Body Conditioning — Muay thai fighters are some of the toughest, best conditioned athletes in the world. As a beginner, you’ll see pain in your shins throughout the first few training sessions. There are no shortcuts to strengthening your body but the more you fine-tune your body, the tougher it will become.
- Fighting — Squaring off in the ring is the last level of training. But it is in no way the last of your training. Fighting is the ultimate goal because it allows you to try out everything you have learned in training, at full speed, and find out how it applies to a real situation.
Gracie Barra O’Fallon Muay Thai Training Near New Melle, MO: Development and Advancement
In Muay Thai training there is an adverse tendency to want to run before you are able to walk. Because everyone is born with the capacity to swing their arms and replicate a punch, it is simple to be under the notion that you have aced the basics after a couple of classes. Although in each Muay Thai method there are so many various manueverings happening in your body that it takes thousands of hours of repetition to truly grasp a technique. Be patient. Your Gracie Barra O’Fallon instructors and fellow students near New Melle, MO will help. Follow their lead. You will get there.
Due to the fact that you have to learn all of the basics from the ground up, you will need to focus on one thing at a time. The decisive factors to surviving the early stages of Muay Thai is endurance and persistence. With hard work and a willingness to learn and develop, you will ultimately start to become more comfortable performing the various techniques, moves, and strikes. Once you perform these things without consideration, as an almost second nature, that is when your learning curve leaps upward. That’s when you are no longer a beginner, and when Muay Thai turns a lot more fun near New Melle, MO. When you move up from simply pulling through the Gracie Barra training sessions, to flourishing.
The Best in Muay Thai Training Near New Melle, MO | Gracie Barra O’Fallon
Our staff has decades of experience and is knowledgeable in Muay Thai and all styles of martial arts. See what other members have to say about our gym, classes, and overall philosophy. Gracie Barra O’Fallon is in business for our customers in New Melle, MO and the surrounding areas. You are the reason we flip the lights on. With multiple days and times available, our schedule is made to fit around yours in New Melle, MO.