Muay Thai Training Dardenne Prairie, MO
Muay Thai Training Dardenne Prairie, MO. Are you searching for a pathway to physical and mental growth? Possibly a route to losing weight along the way? Look no further than Muay Thai training at Gracie Barra O’Fallon.
Our Muay Thai program near you in Dardenne Prairie, MO is founded upon brotherhood, expansion, and integrity. When you join Gracie Barra O’Fallon you aren’t just joining a Muay Thai gym, you’re entering a family. Following your initial class near Dardenne Prairie, MO, you will notice instant improvements to your physique, your mind, and your general well being.
For the leading Muay Thai training closest to you in Dardenne Prairie, MO, call us at 636-544-3655 or contact us online. For more information on Gracie Barra O’Fallon, feel free to check out our programs to learn more.
Gracie Barra is the top martial arts team in the world, featuring over 400 gyms in North America and 900 worldwide. Your membership allows you to visit any of them. Our Gracie Barra O’Fallon programs and classes near you in Dardenne Prairie, MO, are split into several groups, including:
Gracie Barra O’Fallon Muay Thai Training Near Dardenne Prairie, MO: The History of Muay Thai
Muay Thai, referred to as “The Sport of Kings,” is the national sport of Thailand that developed as a structure of combat for self defense and military application. Muay Thai is also known as “The Art of Eight Limbs” because it makes use of punches, kicks, elbows, and knee strikes, thus employing eight points of contact, as opposed to two points (fists) in boxing and four points (hands and feet) used in kickboxing.
During World War II, Thai soldiers were stationed overseas, and foreigners in Europe and America viewed these soldiers practice a fundamental form of Muay Thai on themselves. Older soldiers and fathers coached their students and sons the offensive and defensive methods and techniques, correct posture and position, and skills to elevate general awareness. Those students and sons went on to teach their children, and the roots and permanent structure and a style of an “Americanized” Muay Thai near Dardenne Prairie, MO began to spread.
Muay Thai is basically similar to kickboxing, but operates under different rules and scoring systems. Clinching, kneeing, elbowing are all allowed, as are kicks and punches. At Gracie Barra O’Fallon, as with any other martial art, we teach Muay Thai near Dardenne Prairie, MO, from the square one. Muay Thai has become popular recently mainly due to the rapid rise of modern MMA fighting, where Muay Thai is evident in nearly every knockout. As a result of this rise, many individuals want to learn Muay Thai at Gracie Barra. We teach the art the correct way.
In addition to top-level Muay Thai training, Gracie Barra O’Fallon provides the following services:
- Law Enforcement Workout
- Fitness Classes Near Me
- Adult Martial Arts Classes
- BJJ Near Me
- MMA Classes
- MMA Classes For Kids
- Self Defense Classes Near Me
- Martial Arts for Kids Near Me
- Martial Arts For Beginners
Gracie Barra O’Fallon Muay Thai Training Near Dardenne Prairie, MO: Levels of Training
The various levels of training for Gracie Barra O’Fallon Muay Thai are designed to target specific areas as you constantly develop and progress. A lot of Muay Thai training, though, is on you in Dardenne Prairie, MO. While the Gracie Barra instructors will work diligently to provide the training and the tools, you are the one who needs to use the tools and do the hard work. Our instructors do not set these training levels in stone, as everyone advances and masters at differing speeds, however these are general training guidelines we use frequently during classes:
- Shadow Boxing — At the onset of most Gracie Barra classes you will shadow box in front of a mirror. As a beginner in Dardenne Prairie, MO, you should focus on your stance, footwork, rhythm, and technique.
- Pad Work — Hitting Muay Thai pads is a necessary element of training. As a beginner in Dardenne Prairie, MO, you will work with an advanced Grace Barra student or instructor who will hold the pads and assist with guidance and hitting and kicking alterations.
- Bag Work — Most heavy bag work will be done on your own time in Dardenne Prairie, MO, once you establish a foundation of good habits and techniques. The key is to keep everything simple and concentrate on fundamentals. Throw a jab, reset. Strike with a knee, reset. Don’t worry about combinations, those will arrive in time, just concentrate on the basics you pick up in your Gracie Barra O’Fallon classes.
- Partner Drills — One of the best methods we see at Gracie Barra to be relaxed while attacking a rival is to work on drills with a partner. These drills near you in Dardenne Prairie, MO help you gain confidence and are good teaching tools for blocking incoming attacks.
- Clinching — In Muay Thai there is clinching and striking. Clinching is when you grasp your opponent so you can initiate your attacks. Clinching only involves arm control, sweeps, elbows, and knees. Your development as a Muay Thai student in Dardenne Prairie, MO springs forth as your clinching improves.
- Sparring — This is what makes the arts like Muay Thai and kickboxing more functional than other martial arts in Dardenne Prairie, MO. Sparring is where you use all of your methods against a rival. As a beginner, you should be composed and wait for your fundamentals to develop correctly before sparring.
- Body Conditioning — Muay thai fighters are some of the toughest, best conditioned athletes in the world. As a beginner, you’ll notice pain in your shins throughout the first few training sessions. There are no shortcuts to strengthening your body but the more you strengthen your body, the tougher it will become.
- Fighting — Competing in the ring is the final level of training. But it is in no way the last of your training. Fighting is the ultimate goal because it lets you try out all that you have gathered in training, at full strength, and find out how it applies to a real situation.
Gracie Barra O’Fallon Muay Thai Training Near Dardenne Prairie, MO: Development and Advancement
In Muay Thai training there is an adverse proclivity to want to run before you can walk. Because everyone is born with the capacity to swing their arms and mirror a punch, it is easy to be under the impression that you have aced the fundamentals following a few classes. Although in every Muay Thai technique there are so many different manueverings occurring in your body that it takes thousands of hours of reiteration to truly grasp a method. Take your time. Your Gracie Barra O’Fallon coaches and peers near Dardenne Prairie, MO will help. Follow their lead. You will get there.
Due to the fact that you have to pick up all of the fundamentals from the ground up, you will need to concentrate on one thing at a time. The keys to surviving the early stages of Muay Thai is endurance and persistence. With hard work and a willingness to learn and grow, you will ultimately start to become more comfortable performing the different techniques, moves, and strikes. Once you perform these things without thinking, as an innate second nature, that is when your learning curve leaps upward. That is when you are no longer a beginner, and when Muay Thai becomes a lot more fun near Dardenne Prairie, MO. When you move up from simply pulling through the Gracie Barra training sessions, to flourishing.
The Best in Muay Thai Training Near Dardenne Prairie, MO | Gracie Barra O’Fallon
Our team has decades of experience and is knowledgeable in Muay Thai and all forms of martial arts. See what other members have to say about our gym, classes, and general philosophy. Gracie Barra O’Fallon is in business for our customers in Dardenne Prairie, MO and the surrounding region. You are the reason we turn the lights on. With multiple days and times available, our schedule is made to fit around yours in Dardenne Prairie, MO.