Muay Thai Training Weldon Springs, MO
Muay Thai Training Weldon Springs, MO. Are you looking for a pathway to physical and mental growth? Perhaps a route to losing weight along the way? Look no further than Muay Thai training at Gracie Barra O’Fallon.
Our Muay Thai program near you in Weldon Springs, MO is founded upon brotherhood, expansion, and integrity. When you sign on to Gracie Barra O’Fallon you aren’t just joining a Muay Thai gym, you’re entering a family. Following your initial class near Weldon Springs, MO, you will notice immediate improvements to your physique, your mind, and your overall well being.
For the leading Muay Thai training near you in Weldon Springs, MO, call us at 636-544-3655 or reach out to us online. For more information on Gracie Barra O’Fallon, feel free to check out our programs to learn more.
Gracie Barra is the top martial arts team in the world, featuring over 400 gyms in North America and 900 worldwide. Your membership allows you into any of them. Our Gracie Barra O’Fallon programs and classes near you in Weldon Springs, MO, are divided into several groups, including:
Gracie Barra O’Fallon Muay Thai Training Near Weldon Springs, MO: The History of Muay Thai
Muay Thai, referred to as “The Sport of Kings,” is the national sport of Thailand that came about as a system of combat for self defense and military application. Muay Thai is also known as “The Art of Eight Limbs” because it makes use of punches, kicks, elbows, and knee strikes, thus employing eight points of contact, as opposed to two points (fists) in boxing and four points (hands and feet) used in kickboxing.
During World War II, Thai soldiers were stationed overseas, and foreigners in Europe and America watched these soldiers practice a basic style of Muay Thai on themselves. Older soldiers and fathers coached their students and sons the offensive and defensive tactics and techniques, correct posture and position, and skills to enhance general awareness. Those students and sons went on to instruct their children, and the roots and permanent structure and a style of an “Americanized” Muay Thai near Weldon Springs, MO began to spread.
Muay Thai is basically comparable to kickboxing, but works under different rules and scoring systems. Clinching, kneeing, elbowing are all permitted, as are kicks and punches. At Gracie Barra O’Fallon, as with any other martial art, we instruct Muay Thai near Weldon Springs, MO, from the ground up. Muay Thai has grown in popularity recently mainly due to the speedy rise of modern MMA fighting, where Muay Thai is evident in almost every knockout. As a result of this rise, many individuals want to learn Muay Thai at Gracie Barra. We coach the art the right way.
Alongside top-level Muay Thai training, Gracie Barra O’Fallon provides the following services:
- Law Enforcement Workout
- Fitness Classes Near Me
- Adult Martial Arts Classes
- BJJ Near Me
- MMA Classes
- MMA Classes For Kids
- Self Defense Classes Near Me
- Martial Arts for Kids Near Me
- Martial Arts For Beginners
Gracie Barra O’Fallon Muay Thai Training Near Weldon Springs, MO: Levels of Training
The various levels of training for Gracie Barra O’Fallon Muay Thai are designed to sharpen specific areas as you gradually improve and advance. A lot of Muay Thai training, however, is dependent upon you in Weldon Springs, MO. While the Gracie Barra instructors will work hard to furnish the training and the tools, you are the one who has to utilize the tools and do the hard work. We do not set these training levels in stone, as everyone progresses and masters at different paces, however these are general training guidelines we employ often during classes:
- Shadow Boxing — At the beginning of most Gracie Barra classes you will shadow box at a mirror. As a beginner in Weldon Springs, MO, you should concentrate on your stance, footwork, rhythm, and technique.
- Pad Work — Hitting Muay Thai pads is an essential layer of training. As a beginner in Weldon Springs, MO, you will work with an advanced Grace Barra student or instructor who will hold the pads and assist with guidance and striking corrections.
- Bag Work — Most heavy bag work will be done on your own time in Weldon Springs, MO, once you have a foundation of solid habits and techniques. The key is to keep everything simple and focus on basics. Toss a jab, reset. Strike with a knee, reset. Don’t worry about combo attacks, they will arrive in time, just concentrate on the essentials you learn in your Gracie Barra O’Fallon classes.
- Partner Drills — One of the ideal methods we see at Gracie Barra to be comfortable punching and kicking an opponent is to work on drills with a partner. These drills near you in Weldon Springs, MO help you develop confidence and are good teaching aids for blocking incoming attacks.
- Clinching — In Muay Thai there is clinching and striking. Clinching is when you grasp your rival fighter in order to launch your strikes. It only involves arm control, sweeps, elbows, and knees. Your growth as a Muay Thai student in Weldon Springs, MO progresses as your clinching improves.
- Sparring — This is what makes the arts like Muay Thai and kickboxing more functional than other martial arts in Weldon Springs, MO. Sparring is where you use all of your techniques against an opponent. As a beginner, you should be patient and wait for your fundamentals to emerge the right way before sparring.
- Body Conditioning — Muay thai fighters are some of the strongest, best conditioned athletes in the world. As a beginner, you’ll see pain in your shins throughout the first couple of training sessions. There are no shortcuts to conditioning your body but the more you strengthen your body, the tougher it will become.
- Fighting — Squaring off in the ring is the last level of training. However, it is by no means the end of your training. Fighting is the ultimate goal because it lets you try out all that you have learned in training, at full strength, and find out how it applies to a real situation.
Gracie Barra O’Fallon Muay Thai Training Near Weldon Springs, MO: Development and Advancement
In Muay Thai training there is an unfortunate proclivity to want to run before you are able to walk. Because everyone is born with the capacity to swing their arms and mirror a punch, it is simple to be under the impression that you have aced the fundamentals after a couple of classes. Although in every Muay Thai technique there are so many different manueverings happening in your body that it takes hundreds of hours of reiteration to truly grasp a technique. Take your time. Your Gracie Barra O’Fallon instructors and peers near Weldon Springs, MO will help. Follow their lead. You’ll get there.
Due to the fact that you need to learn all of the basics from the ground up, you will need to focus on one thing at a time. The keys to surviving the early stages of Muay Thai is patience and perseverance. With hard work and a willingness to learn and grow, you will ultimately begin to become more comfortable performing the various techniques, moves, and strikes. Once you do these things without thinking, as an innate second nature, that is when your learning curve skyrockets upward. That’s when you are no longer a beginner, and when Muay Thai turns a lot more fun near Weldon Springs, MO. When you advance from simply surviving the Gracie Barra training sessions, to flourishing.
The Best in Muay Thai Training Near Weldon Springs, MO | Gracie Barra O’Fallon
Our team has decades of experience and is knowledgeable in Muay Thai and all forms of martial arts. Read what other members have to say about our gym, classes, and general philosophy. Gracie Barra O’Fallon is in business for our customers in Weldon Springs, MO and the surrounding areas. You are the reason we flip the lights on. With multiple days and times available, our schedule is made to fit around yours in Weldon Springs, MO.