Law Enforcement Workout Wentzville, MO
Law enforcement workout Wentzville, MO. From learning enhanced mental and emotional well-being to fine-tuned control and restraint techniques, an increasing number of agencies are turning to Gracie Barra O’Fallon for law enforcement workouts, in addition to Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu training. These classes provide hands-on training for law enforcement officers, military members, paramedics, or anyone near Wentzville, MO looking for a structured program geared toward self-defense and safe de-escalation tactics.
For more than 30 years, the Gracie Barra objective has been to create an arrest and control class that gives law enforcement agencies the optimal solution to help officers do their jobs as safely as possible, while navigating the nation’s constantly evolving tactical, political, and legal environment. We meet with state and local agencies near Wentzville, MO to adhere to the highest standards when it comes to supplying tactical de-escalation and civilian safety via our law enforcement workout and training program near Wentzville, MO.
For more information on our law enforcement workout or training regime, or to learn about any of our other programs near Wentzville, MO, call Gracie Barra O’Fallon right away at 636-544-3655 or contact us online.
Our law enforcement workout and training programs near Wentzville, MO are designed to provide personnel – no matter their age, size, strength, or skill set – the capabilities to:
- Quickly neutralize the threat
- Retain control of their weapons
- Achieve a positional advantage so they can utilize appropriate force
Law Enforcement Workout Near Wentzville, MO: Does Your Program Work in Establishing Safety?
The law enforcement workout and Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu training at Gracie Barra O’Fallon leads to less injuries for both officers and civilians, diminishes the number of big-ticket lawsuits faced by law enforcement agencies, and assists in remedying broken trust. Studies show it is working. Many police departments that have infused law enforcement workouts and BJJ training into their units say they have sliced use-of-force incidents by almost half.
The Marietta, GA police department mandated weekly Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu training for all new officers in 2019, and then expanded the initiative to a total of 95 officers. Within one year, the department reported a 23 percent drop in taser deployment and a 53 percent drop in serious injuries to a suspect. Research also found that officers who were training in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu were 59 percent less likely to engage in the use of force. In St. Paul, MN, police use of force dropped 37 percent, injuries to suspects dropped 44 percent, and officer injuries dropped 25 percent.
In MO, the Clayton Police Department recently implemented BJJ training for its officers. While it is too soon for statistical data in the department, Clayton Police Chief Mark Smith told KMOV News: “A lot of these altercations we see end up on the ground. (BJJ) gives officers opportunities to defend themselves from the ground, but they can do it in a safe manner that results in less injuries to the officer and the public.”
Law Enforcement Workout Near Wentzville, MO: How Does it Work?
We understand that law enforcement is certainly a difficult profession. We want to make it easier, by making physical encounters safer. On average, a law enforcement officer gets less than four hours of hands-on defensive tactics training a year. That is just not enough. Gracie Barra O’Fallon provides a law enforcement workout, along with a specialized training program that furnishes agencies with concrete, consistent tactical reinforcement. Our programs near Wentzville, MO provide:
- Mission Specific Tactics
- Sound Decision Making
- Injury Reduction, On Both Sides of the Law
- Fitness Classes Near Me
- Adult Martial Arts Classes
- BJJ Near Me
- MMA Classes
- MMA Classes For Kids
- Self Defense Classes Near Me
- Muay Thai Training
- Martial Arts for Kids Near Me
- Martial Arts For Beginners
- Community Trust Building
- De-escalation Culture
Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu is one of the fastest growing martial arts, with an estimated 2.9 million individuals around the world actively taking part in the sport. But, in many schools and gyms, the practice of the art is geared more toward competition rather than self-defense. Unless the art is adapted for law enforcement uses, there are many parts of BJJ that would not only be fruitless in law enforcement, but could possibly increase liability for the particular agency and the officer. That is why law enforcement agencies choose Gracie Barra O’Fallon. Our workout methods and techniques are the most widely adopted BJJ-based defensive tactics program in the Wentzville, MO area due to the fact that every technique has been highly scrutinized and specifically catered to law enforcement application.
Through our law enforcement workout and training techniques we condition officers to make effective decisions under the most challenging circumstances. There is an “amygdala hijack” that occurs when an officer experiences loss of control in a highly stressful circumstance, at which point their ability to make effective decisions comes into question. By showing officers how to calmly and effectively manage physical encounters, they are then able to maintain the cognitive function of their prefrontal cortex (PFC) so that they can make sound choices even when dealing with the most stressful of circumstances.
In numerous law enforcement departments, defensive tactics training is done with a “fight club” mentality of only the strong survive. This not only leads to a higher rate of training injuries, but it discourages the officers who need the training the most, basically strong-arming them, from attending. The Gracie Barra O’Fallon law enforcement workouts and training systems near Wentzville, MO are safe, productive, and encouraging for all members of your agency.
Give us a call now to learn more about our law enforcement workout near Wentzville, MO at 636-544-3655 or contact us online.
Along with our popular law enforcement workout near Wentzville, MO, Gracie Barra O’Fallon offers the following to our Wentzville, MO neighbors:
There is little that erodes trust in a community quicker than when law enforcement officers use force that is perceived as inhumane or excessive, particularly in circumstances where a lower level of force could have reasonably been used. Gracie Barra O’Fallon teaches methods that are humane in their application and benign at first-glance near Wentzville, MO, so much so that the likelihood that an officer uses force in a manner that would be thought of as extreme is drastically reduced. This is where the basis for a trust-building relationship with the community can be established.
Above all else, Gracie Barra O’Fallon teaches systems and strategies to diminish the intensity of each encounter, acquire voluntary compliance, and alleviate the need of a higher level of force. After this culture of de-escalation has pervaded an agency, the question is not “What is the highest degree of justifiable force for this encounter?” but, rather, “What is the lowest level of force necessary to safely neutralize the threat or take the subject into custody?”
Law Enforcement Workout Near Wentzville, MO: What Are the Benefits?
Along with boosting officer and civilian safety through the use of non-violent control tactics, our law enforcement workout and BJJ training near Wentzville, MO have proven to be substantial contributing factors to enhanced officer wellness and resiliency. The following are some of the advantages of the Gracie Barra O’Fallon way:
- Improved resiliency – Because the art of BJJ explores every imaginable issue that a law enforcement officer could encounter in an altercation near Wentzville, MO, it is considered one of the most beneficial activities they can engage in. One of the main teachings of BJJ is that every problem is a technique waiting to be discovered.
- “Real” confidence – Numerous law enforcement officers derive an inflated self-esteem mainly from the authority they hold as a police officer, also coined “uniform confidence. With law enforcement workouts and training near Wentzville, MO, an officer improves an ability to figure out problems on the fly, overcome adversity, and deal with high-stress situations without relying on their service weapon. For many officers, achieving this level of confidence not only allows them to be more calm, compassionate, and patient with the civilians they encounter day-to-day, but also with their friends and families in Wentzville, MO.
- Physical fitness – The physical demands of law enforcement are certain, but a lot of officers struggle finding the motivation to go to the gym. A unique characteristic of BJJ near Wentzville, MO is that although the officers show up for the systematic methods and the mental enhancement the Gracie Barra O’Fallon structure furnishes, they get the advantage of likely the top full-body workout around.
- Stress relief – The extreme stress and traumatizing events experienced by officers on a daily basis can be too much for the average individual to bear. They need a release, one that the Gracie Barra O’Fallon law enforcement workout and training program can offer near Wentzville, MO. In fact, according to research from the American Osteopathic Association, workout classes diminish stress by 26 percent and greatly boost your quality of life. This practice of regularly “letting it go” has proven to be highly effective at diminishing stress and mitigating the effects of post traumatic stress disorder (PTSD) for law enforcement officers, both near Wentzville, MO and throughout the country.
Reach Out Today For the Wentzville, MO Area’s Top Law Enforcement Workout | Gracie Barra O’Fallon
Gracie Barra O’Fallon wants to provide a welcoming environment near Wentzville, MO for law enforcement officers, giving them the chance to join a gym with a personalized workout and training program designed with them in mind. We stand up for the officers who serve and protect us throughout the Wentzville, MO area.
Give us a call now at 636-544-3655 or contact us online to learn more about the Gracie Barra O’Fallon law enforcement workout.