Wentzville, MO Kids Jiu Jitsu
Wentzville, MO Kids Jiu Jitsu. As a parent or caregiver of a child, it’s important to you to give your child fun, safe, structured activities. You want to give them a way to learn vital life skills and connect with peers in an encouraging and empowering environment. The trick is finding an activity that meets your desires while also piquing your child’s interests, which we all know can be quite the challenge. The answer is in Wentzville, MO kids’ jiu jitsu.
Once you’ve realized what an amazing world martial arts can be for your children, enroll them in kids’ jiu jitsu at Gracie Barra O’Fallon. Gracie Barra is the world’s top team and teaches principles of several different martial arts, including Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, judo, and muay thai. Our programs for Wentzville, MO kids’ jiu jitsu are offered at a variety of times, with additional classes for other age groups. View our schedule or contact us today to unleash your child’s jiu jitsu potential.
What We Teach in Kids’ Jiu Jitsu
To us at Gracie Barra, kids’ jiu jitsu is not just a physical activity. It is a lifestyle and an opportunity to teach children and teens and fulfill their needs in multiple areas. In kids’ jiu jitsu classes at Gracie Barra, we teach young people of Wentzville, MO the Brazilian Jiu Jitsu way of life, from healthy eating to stretching every day and priciples such as honoring commitments and displaying sportsmanship.
Benefits of Kids’ Jiu Jitsu
Gracie Barra’s Wentzville, MO kids’ jiu jitsu programs will equip your child with essential life lessons and experiences integral to a child’s development. Introducing your child to kids’ jiu jitsu at Gracie Barra O’Fallon is one of the biggest advantages you can give a child. For any child, from those who have shown an early love of martial arts to those who are shy or antsy in school, kid’s jiu jitsu classes provide them with an extensive list of benefits that will follow them throughout their childhood and into their adult years.
Kids’ jiu jitsu instills valuable lessons and skills in children, including:
- Healthy habits. Enrolling in a kids’ jiu jitsu class has many effects on your child’s health. It gives them structure and models to them how being physically active can fit into their daily lives. Aside from encouraging regular exercise, children in kids’ jiu jitsu will enjoy improved sleep, learn a healthy diet, become familiar with proper warm-up routines, and more.
- Physical coordination and body awareness. In kids’ jiu jitsu classes, your child will learn and practice technique and physical movements that require fine motor skills, balance, strength, coordination, and grace. Through practicing these movements, your child will become more comfortable in and familiar with their own growing body.
- Goal setting. Like some other martial arts, jiu jitsu uses a belt system of progression. Each student, no matter their age, starts as a white belt. They start by learning and mastering the fundamentals. They must publicly demonstrate their skills and newfound knowledge in order to advance to the next belt. This is an excellent lesson in goal setting and achieving. Through setting small goals along the way and the motivation or progressing to new belts, your child will steadily master new skills and, over time, become stronger, faster, and more technical in their practice.
- Humility. One element in any martial art is that of competition. Engaging in healthy competition is an important part of childhood. In kids’ jiu jitsu, your child will learn from their peers and learn how to humbly accept both victory and defeat. Their sense of humility will be key in their social and academic lives as well.
- Confidence. Your child will learn how to face their opponents and overcome challenges. They will soon learn that with practice and dedication, they can triumph over any adversity. As a child sticks with the sport and advances in skill, earns new belts, and wins matches, they will naturally experience growing confidence in themselves.
- Focus. Simply attending a 45-minute structured class teaches your child to focus for a fixed amount of time. In addition, in Brazilian jiu jitsu you must be able to focus on and observe their opponent’s actions in order to react best.
- Commitment and discipline. In kids’ jiu jitsu classes, children must learn to practice restraint. Kids must fight urges to act out and instead choose to be quiet, respectful, and focused during class. The practice of technical skills requires discipline as well as determination and commitment to learning and practicing.
- Respect. In kids’ jiu jitsu, children are exposed to many different people from a wide range of backgrounds and lifestyles. They will learn to respect their peers who are different from them by simply being around people who come from different places. Brazilian jiu jitsu is full of formal practices, like the rituals in competition and belt ceremonies, that will give your child experience with receiving and giving respect.
- Relationships. Kids’ jiu jitsu is the perfect atmosphere for building valuable friendships. A self-defense sport like jiu jitsu may appear to be isolating and distancing, but, in actuality, it is the perfect recipe for making friends. Much of class involves sparring and practicing with partners. Also, sharing mutual experiences, struggles, and triumphs brings the children in class closer together. In addition to friendships with peers, kids’ jiu jitsu exposes children to relationships with older students and coaches who serve as healthy adult role models in many children’s lives.
- Practical application. Kid’s jiu jitsu is a form of self-defense. However, unlike other martial arts, jiu jitsu is an incredibly practical self-defense tool. It does not rely on exact conditions or perfectly matched opponents to be useful. In Wentzville, MO kid’s jiu jitsu classes, you child will learn self-defense techniques that can actually be used to defend against anybody and any type of attack. When they practice, they typically do so at full intensity rather than merely going through the motions. This makes your child even more prepared to deal with real-life situations if necessary.
Enroll in Kids’ Jiu Jitsu at Gracie Garra
Expose your child to the countless life lessons and interpersonal skills and values that kids’ jiu jitsu is all about. The instructors at Gracie Barra O’Fallon are both talented martial arts instructors as well as exemplary role models for children. We understand the sensitivities and needs of a child and know how to encourage them and give them the tools they need to succeed. Enroll your child today or learn more about our programs by calling us at (636) 544-3655 or contacting us online.