Saint Peters, MO Kids Jiu Jitsu
Saint Peters, MO Kids Jiu Jitsu. Your priority as a parent is that your child has fun, safe, structured activities. You want to put them in an environment that is encouraging and empowering while equipping them with important life skills and connecting them with lifelong friends. The trick is finding an activity that does all this while also being something your child enjoys, which we all know can be quite the challenge. The answer is in Saint Peters, MO kids’ jiu jitsu.
When you are ready to introduce your child to the amazing world of martial arts, sign them up for kids’ jiu jitsu at Gracie Barra O’Fallon. Gracie Barra is the leading martial arts organization in the world and teaches techniques from several different martial arts, including Brazilian Jiu Jitsu, judo, and muay thai. We have classes for Saint Peters, MO kids’ jiu jitsu at a variety of times, with additional classes for other age groups. View our schedule or contact us today to unleash your child’s jiu jitsu potential.
What We Teach in Kids’ Jiu Jitsu
To us at Gracie Barra, we do not see kids’ jiu jitsu simply as a physical activity. We teach martial arts as a lifestyle and a way to meet the many needs of growing children and teens. In kids’ jiu jitsu classes at Gracie Barra, we teach young people of Saint Peters, MO the Brazilian Jiu Jitsu way of life, which includes things like eating healthy foods to stretching every day and practicing things like honoring commitments and displaying sportsmanship.
Benefits of Kids’ Jiu Jitsu
Gracie Barra’s Saint Peters, MO kids’ jiu jitsu programs will equip your child with essential life lessons and experiences necessary to a child’s development. Introducing your child to kids’ jiu jitsu at Gracie Barra O’Fallon is one of the biggest advantages you can give a child. Whether your child aspires to be an elite martial arts competitor or is simply shy or has trouble focusing in school, kid’s jiu jitsu classes provide them with an extensive list of advantages that will have lasting effects throughout their childhood and into their adult years.
Kids’ jiu jitsu instills valuable lessons and skills in children, including:
- Healthy habits. Enrolling in a kids’ jiu jitsu class has many effects on your child’s health. It models the value of structure and regular physical activity. Aside from encouraging regular exercise, children in kids’ jiu jitsu will enjoy improved sleep, learn a healthy diet, become familiar with proper warm-up routines, and more.
- Physical coordination and body awareness. In kids’ jiu jitsu classes, your child will learn and practice technique and physical movements that require fine motor skills, balance, strength, coordination, and grace. Through practicing these movements, your child will become more comfortable in and familiar with their own growing body.
- Goal setting. Many martial arts use a colored belt system to measure progress, and jiu jitsu is no exception. Each student, of any age, starts as a white belt. First they learn and master the fundamentals. They are required to publicly demonstrate their knowledge and ability in order to advance to the next belt. This is an excellent lesson in goal setting and achieving. Through setting small goals along the way and the motivation or progressing to new belts, your child will steadily master new skills and, over time, become stronger, faster, and more technical in their practice.
- Humility. One element in any martial art is that of competition. Engaging in healthy competition is an important part of childhood. In kids’ jiu jitsu, your child will learn from their peers and learn how to accept both victory and defeat with humility. Their sense of humility will be key in their social and academic lives as well.
- Confidence. Your child will learn how to face their opponents and overcome challenges. They will soon learn that with practice and dedication, they can triumph over any adversity. Confidence is a natural biproduct your child will experience as they stick with the sport, master new skills, earn new belts, and win matches.
- Focus. Just exposing your young child to a 45-minute class teaches them to learn to focus for a fixed amount of time. In addition, practicing Brazilian jiu jitsu teaches your child to focus on and observe their opponent’s actions in order to react best.
- Commitment and discipline. Participating in kid’s jiu jitsu classes requires students to practice restraint. Kids learn to control their disruptive tendencies and instead choose to be quiet, respectful, and focused during class. Learning intricate technical skills requires discipline as well as determination and commitment to learning and practicing.
- Respect. In kids’ jiu jitsu, children are exposed to many different people from a wide range of backgrounds and lifestyles. By working with others, they learn to respect other people who are different from them by simply being around people who come from different places. Brazilian jiu jitsu is full of formal practices, like the rituals in competition and belt ceremonies, that will give your child experience with receiving and giving respect.
- Relationships. Kids’ jiu jitsu is an excellent way for you child to build valuable friendships. A self-defense sport like jiu jitsu may appear to be isolating and distancing, but, in actuality, it is the perfect recipe for making friends. The large majority of practice is spent sparring and practicing with partners. Also, sharing mutual experiences, struggles, and triumphs brings the children in class closer together. In addition to friendships with peers, kids’ jiu jitsu also encourages your child to form relationships with older students and coaches who serve as healthy adult role models in many children’s lives.
- Practical application. Kid’s jiu jitsu is a martial arts field built around self-defense. However, unlike other martial arts, jiu jitsu has practical application as a tool for self-defense. Other martial arts count on exact conditions or perfectly matched opponents to be useful. In Saint Peters, MO kid’s jiu jitsu classes, you child will learn self-defense techniques that can actually be used to defend against anybody and any type of attack. In practice, students typically do so at full intensity rather than merely going through the motions. This makes your child even more prepared to deal with real-life situations if necessary.
Enroll in Kids’ Jiu Jitsu at Gracie Garra
Expose your child to the countless life lessons and interpersonal skills and values that kids’ jiu jitsu is all about. The instructors at Gracie Barra O’Fallon are both talented martial arts instructors as well as exemplary role models for children. We understand the sensitivities and needs of a child and are equipped to encourage them and give them the tools they need to succeed. Enroll your child today or learn more about our programs by calling us at (636) 544-3655 or contacting us online.